Why was 3Q Fitness and CrossFit Garland created?
3Q Fitness was started in 2003 with a goal of becoming THE primary resource in Garland, Texas and the surrounding communities to help others overcome any of their barriers and help them reach their lifestyle, health and personal fitness goals. We’re QUALIFIED Fitness Professionals, and we help our clients achieve QUICK and QUANTIFIABLE results. CrossFit Garland was integrated as an efficient and effective, and safe training program, that allowed our tribe members to reach their goals much faster than they could on their own.
How do we accomplish this?
By intentionally creating a tight-knit, like minded Community who shares the desire of self-improvement combined with world class coaching and helping clients achieve balance in their life.
What is CrossFit Garland?
It’s more than a gym; it is a way of living that focuses on creating holistic balance between one’s Lifestyle, Fitness, and Performance.
We see our company as a part of your life. A place where you can focus on yourself, learn useful skills, forget about your outside obligations, commitments, or distractions, and truly develop your mind, body, and spirit to be a better you for you and for those who depend on you. We believe in our core values, training principles, proven systems, and educated approaches to helping you achieve results. We value hard work, quality education and above all, the relationships with our tribe members. We believe innovation and continuous improvement will allow you to avoid plateaus and produce amazing results. It is important that we stay true to our beliefs, so that we can deliver our very best each day and wake up each morning to do it all over again…together.
Each day our team awakes with a strong passion to help others reach their goals. This passion far exceeds just fitness – it permeates all aspects of life. Our team embodies Passion, Professionalism and Performance:
- Passion – We believe strongly that for our tribe members and staff to be successful, our team must love what they do and do what they love!
- Professionalism – We believe that our team must strive for excellence, constantly pushing the boundaries of education to improve the experience for our tribe members and to strengthen the team. Accountability is the standard and continuously working towards Mastery of Professional Coach is the goal.
- Performance – What sets the best coaches apart is not only the quality of the service they deliver, but also the value of their insight (coaching) — new ideas to help you either reach your goals or reach new limits in ways you didn’t even know were possible. This is done not by only “discovering” what you already know you need, but also by teaching you a new way of thinking altogether.
So Who Are We?
3Q Fitness is a Garland, Texas, based company focused on helping our tribe members overcome their daily lifestyle, health and fitness obstacles. Learning is a huge part of our company’s culture and it is readily apparent in our training programs and classes. With an educated community of athletes, our fitness tribe, results and strong relationships happen quickly and last a lifetime.
We have high standards when it comes to delivering our training services to our tribe – which is why our “coaches in training” spend up to 6 months, or longer, learning and gaining valuable experience in our Professional Coaches Program (PCP). We define quality by our ability to articulate the science behind our methods, safety of our training programs, personal connection with our tribe members, ability to inspire and motivate people to unimaginable results, and through offering superior training equipment.
Team Member Happiness and Development
We live by a curiosity for learning and improvement, which fosters a team that is focused on providing greater member services and satisfaction first – and profits second. Our success is dependent on the strength of our team. Because of this, we go to great lengths to motivate, empower, and reward.
We have a responsibility to provide a comfortable, exciting, challenging, and absolutely amazing environment for our team to earn a great living.
Our culture of continuous learning and improvement, commitment to high quality service, and vision for fitness has developed a team of independent thinkers that share a passion for innovative ideas, phenomenal results, problem solving, and accomplishment.
Open and Trusting
We believe that organizing a team is impossible in the absence of trust and accountability. Our company is an open book for team members that want insight into our business decision-making, program developments, and information that impacts their responsibilities. This includes access to our financial reports as well!
Our mission and vision will be achieved only through measurable, achievable, and performance oriented goals. Actions that support our commitments represent strong character and belief in our success – which is why our team members’ share in our financial growth. As our team pushes our company to new heights, so does their opportunity to earn more and share in that financial success.
Team 3Q Fitness Benefits
Paid Time Off
Healthcare & Health Insurance options
Chiropractic Care Discounts
Continuing Education Development
Fitness Family Membership Discounts
and… most importantly, the gift of being able to help positively impact the lives of our community!
Current CrossFit Garland Openings
Openings (Click '+' to expand)
We don’t know you yet, but we know you will love this job!
The right person will want to work with CrossFit Garland because we’re a company that believes in quality standards, continuous growth for our members and staff, and have an open mind for innovating best practices. We have a clear vision for helping our members and future members realize their most ambitious fitness goals. We want to provide long term careers in the field of fitness education to people who desire to help us spread the message of improved health and fitness.
- Title: Assistant Coach
- Time Commitment: Part Time (25 hours per week)
- Supervisor: Operations Manager
- Effective Date: February 1st
- Wage Range: $1,000-$1,500/month (earn up to $25,000/year with additional incentives)
The right person will solve our desire to enroll new members, coach and service our members to reach their personal goals, and coach group fitness classes across a diverse range of experienced and inexperienced athletes. Responsibilities include informing members and prospective members about our specialized fitness programs, providing an educational strength and conditioning class for our students, managing a student roster, and assisting/leading in community growth and development and upcoming events.
- TwentyFive (25) hours a week of coaching and office responsibilities
- 3 to 5 hour work shifts
- Fulfill opening/closing gym responsibilities
- Manage a membership roster of up to 40 members
- Answer phones, manage email accounts, and inform prospective members
- Encourage participation in community events
- Assist in organization and execution of community events
- Communicate class feedback and findings to Operations Manager for further business improvement
- Execute Facebook marketing initiatives
- Stimulate social media interaction that aligns with our team values and vision
People who will excel in this position are flexible and have a passion for interacting with people, have adopted health and fitness as a way of life and serve as role models for living a fit lifestyle, and enjoy continuous learning and new challenges. The following skill sets will be needed to excel in this position:
- Coaching – Command of room, fun, inspiring, humble, detail oriented, technical exercise knowledge, basic workout program design knowledge.
- Communication – Listening, clear and concise, friendly, confident, open minded, respectful.
- Member Service – Well kept appearance, organized, assertive, caring, detail-oriented, empathetic, people-oriented, problem-solver, self controlled, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Business – Critical thinker, analytical, hungry for personal growth, ability to set priorities, troubleshooter, computer knowledge (Excel, Word, Facebook, email), understands and believes in CFG’s core values, must abide by CFG policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Experience and Education
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- CrossFit Level 1 (current or plan to register within 60 days of hire)
- CrossFit Garland Professional Coach Development (registration upon hire)
- Minimum of 1 year working with youth or adults from beginner to advanced levels of fitness experience in a small or large group setting.
- Minimum of Associates Degree (or currently registered as a full-time or part-time student at an accredited college or university)
Training and Support
Prior to assuming primary coaching role or performing business driven job duties, the Associate Coach will train with a mentor coach to ensure their success in the position. Coaches are expected to keep personal fitness training up to date per CFG guidelines.
We are always looking for great people to join our team! Submit your application today and we’ll keep you in mind for future opportunities. Email cover letter, resume, and responses to the questions below to Careers@3QFitness.com:
- Why do you want to work at CrossFit Garland?
- Why do you feel that you would be a good fit for CrossFit Garland?
- Why would someone want you to be his or her Coach?
- What are your career interests, short term (1-3 yrs.) and long term (5yr.) goals?