Got a great exercise I want all of you to try. I want you to make a list of reasons/ excuses you tell your self why you can’t eat right or why you can’t work out today.
- I want to work out at 6am but I am to tired to get up that early
- I want to eat healthy but I am on the road and have to eat out all the time
- I want to fit in my skinny jeans but I don’t have time to work out
- I want to lose 20lbs but I don’t know how
You can make a list of anything that is very important to you. It does not have to all be health related. Anything you want to do in your life. So before you read any further MAKE A LIST!!!!
Ok now take your list and cross out the word BUT and replace it with the word AND.
- I want to work out at 6am AND I am to tired to get up that early. Well go to bed earlier or try finding a later time you can work out.
- I want to eat healthy AND I am on the road and have to eat out all the time. Preplan your meals and pack an ice chest or order chicken with steamed veggies instead of the fried burrito.
- I want to fit in my skinny jeans AND I don’t have time to work out. Make time instead of watching that sit com at 7 work out or instead of reading the paper in the morning work out.
- I want to lose 20lbs AND I don’t know how. Get a book on ways to lose weight or come to CrossFit Garland and we will teach you.
Can you see by replacing the word but with and we at least give ourselves the chance to accomplish what we want. If you really want something you can find the time and the knowledge to accomplish it you just have to want it more than the thing you are doing right now that prevents you from achieving that goal.So get out there and do what you have been saying you want to do!!!!